Our first concern is everyone’s safety. COVID-19 and the risk of virus transmission and serious illness is still with us. Going forward we will apply science and experience to adapt to a “new normal.” Keeping everyone safe, as we return to work, is very important.
All appointments will be screened in advance, by telephone/email survey:
- To delay care of "high risk" patients
- To ensure no patients with COVID-19 symptoms, nor exposure to it, enter our facilities.
- To reschedule any patients, with non-urgent appointments, with any chronic respiratory conditions, such as COPD or who are immune-compromised or sick. We will reschedule them out 4+ weeks.
- Note: any patients being actively treated for an eye disease, we would prefer to see, in a secure setting, assuming they are not contagious with COVID-19.
- A Screening Specialist will screen everyone entering at the door and take their temperature with a non-contact thermometer (ask anyone with 100+ temperature, to leave the facility and see their PCP/local hospital to get tested first before returning).
- Patients will be given the option to wait in their vehicle and be called when we are ready to begin the exam.
- Personal protective equipment (everyone required to wear a face covering/mask which is provided when necessary).
- If you are picking up glasses, we would be happy to deliver them curbside to you.
- Entrance to our facilities is limited to our patients and their essential caregivers. All other visitors are asked to kindly wait outside.
Additional steps to keep everyone safe will involve:
- Extreme facility cleaning
- Reducing volume & separated seating to ensure social distancing throughout facilities
- Doors propped open to avoid touching
- Slit lamp shields added to protect the patient and doctors
NOTE: These recommendations are subject to change. Please refer to the CDC for the latest recommendations. Rest assured, we are taking the necessary steps to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. To learn more about COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s website at cdc.gov.
Appointments can be scheduled by calling 843-332-7171 or booked online at http://www.peedeeeye.com/appointment.